Monday, July 2, 2018

God answers prayers!!

Hey All!

This week was good! Wow, I love this work. The spirit is so strong, it is truly incredible! I want to share a story of an experience with an investigator.

On Friday, we had our second lesson with our investigator, Daniela. She is 20 years old, her aunt is an active member and her mom is a menos activo. In our first lesson we taught La Restauración and ended with the compromiso to pray to know that this church is true, that José Smith was a profeta and our message is true. The next day, we received a txt message from Daniela that said she had prayed and was waiting for an answer. - wow! This is the first time we had gotten a text from someone confirming that they had done their compromiso without having to ask them. This truly showed her faith in our message and her DESIRE to know of its truth. So in the lesson on Friday, we taught about the Book of Mormon. We went over parts of the introduccion and Moroni´s promise in Moroni 10:3-5, pausing to talk about the significance of each step. The spirit was so strong and we explained how if and when she knows and finds these things to be true, for herself, on her own, that when we have faith, we need to put it into action because without works, faith is dead. (Santiago...I mean James 2: 17+26) And the action that she can show is through baptism,... Now, I am going to take you back just a little, Daniela had received the missionaries a couple years back and she had said that is had been a little too much for her and that she felt that they had just pushed baptism on her... so, on Friday, we all felt that today we should invite her, but ease into it and with care because of her previous experience... so at this time, we invited her, that if she found that these things were true for herself, if she would be baptized and prepare for the 18 de Agosto. She said YES! Then unexpectedly, she said she wanted to share something with us. She told us that she had prayed to know if it was true and then she turned to the Scriptures (bible). She showed us 2 scriptures in the bible that were the answers to her prayer. Mark 1:1-2 and Isaiah 43:1. She said she knew it was true. I truly believe that as she read those scriptures she realized that we were messengers bringing her the true Gospel of Jesucristo and that she truly is a daughter of God, he loves her, he knows her by name and this is His gospel.

I testify that I know God answers prayers. I know that God guides and prepares His children to receive His word. I know that there is a time for everyone when they are ready to receive the gospel and God prepares them and guides us as missionaries to find them. I know that Daniela may not have been ready a couple years ago when she was first introduced, but I know that now, God has prepared her and her heart is ready. My faith in this work,in the power of God, in the power of scriptures, and prayer have all been strengthened beyond measure. Daniela's faith is so strong and the spirit testified in that lesson of her faith. It brought tears to my eyes. I know this is the Lord's work. This is His true church, and I am beyond grateful to be a part of it as a representative of our Lord, Jesus Christ. And I share these things with you with much love in my heart, in His name even my Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

Scriptures of the week:
Hebrews 11
Santiago (James) 2:17-26

You have faith? that is great. Now show the Lord by your works.
You know this is the true church? How can you show that? 
What attributes of Christ can you personally work on this week?

I love you all! Have a wonderful, spiritually filled week!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment