Tuesday, July 31, 2018

New mission President!!


Holaaaa!

Friends and fam, I hope you are all doing great!! This week we had intrevistas con Presidente! My new mission presidente is AMAZING!!!!

Entonces...this past change we lost 18 people (returned home)... and my comp. Hermana Rodriguez is leaving next change for sure because she has been here in Miraflores for almost 7 months! So that means that in the proximo change I am going to be leading my area, meaning I will be the missionary that knows the area.

Then Presidente told me...he already has the proximo changes....he then continued to say that he needs the newer people to progress fast because we need leaders... then he looked at me and asked if I understood his last comment... yes...(In my head, oh dang oh dang..) #freakinout! So yeah, I have that to look forward to... and I have a month to prepare in my spanish and knowing my area better! The pressure is on LOL!

For hope: My panch (person who makes my food) said to me that he can understand my spanish a lot more now and that in a month he says that I will be speaking fluidly.. but the gift of tongues doesn't come without practice and effort on my side!

A lot of people have been complimenting me on how much my Espanol is improving everyday so that really gives me hope! Haha

Wow! So some cool things feom this week:
Our last p-day hermana Rodriguez and I went to get her hair trimmed. In the hair salon there was this lady named Dora that we met. She started talking to us first and asked if we were from our church. We said yeah and she said that she really wanted to go to the church with her daughter and asked if she could.... uhhh #dumbfoundedmuch? Yeah.. that doesn't happen all the time... people asking us... but yeah we told her of course and then marked a cita to visit her this week.. but we forgot for some reason to get her direccion and number before she left. This is where God's hand comes in. I truly know that He prepares people to recieve His word and He will always make a way for them to receive it. So the next day when we were waiting for a taxi, we saw Dora and she called us over and gave us her number and direccion..  Wow.. God has prepared her and made a way!

Then the other night was Independence Day of Peru so all of our citas fell through and we were walking to one of our investigadores houses and found them at a tienda! Long story short, we finished talking about the plan of salvation and invited them to be baptized on the 25 of August! We didn't have that invitaion planned, but God made a way!

Have a Great Week! Bendiciones!

Hermana Roe

Scriptures of the week: DC 10:4 , DC 24:8, DC 105:6


Saying goodbye to Mama Hermana Higginson ❤

Sunset....the pic makes it look really weird but ehh...

Chimbote


Oscar.. the dog that lives in our doorstep.. stray and follows us EVERYWHERE for the past MONTH! This is when he came to Danielas baptism...

Taxi life with Hermana Rodriguez❤




Trujillo!


Trips to Trujillo mean I get to see this amazing Hermana! Hermana Jones ❤


Me and mama G!


No comments:

Post a Comment