Monday, July 16, 2018

Where art thou?

Hola!

Updates:

-We have a new presidente. He is amazing! I actually met him my first day in the CCM and he remembered me when we had our first conferencia de zona con él! It was so awesome!
- For a zone Pday, we went to Cerro de la Paz.... it was fun, but unfortunately we couldn't see anything, like the ocean, or Chimbote, below to take a cool pic because it was soooo cloudy and foggy... #sadface
- For a district Pday, we made tacos and watched 17 milagros! It was great! Gosh I miss cheese.. Cheese and milk don't exist here haha... but we have a never ending supply of bread, rolls, rice, potatoes, and chicken!
- I have found that latinos are the most honest/blunt people you will ever meet. If you want the truth, ask a latino! haha
- Saturday the 7th, our investigator Maria, 18 years old, got baptized!! She is sooo amazing, and sweet and she loves the gospel and is so excited to grow in the church!!
 
Things I have learned:

-SPANISH DOESN´T TEACH THE GOSPEL ---- THE SPIRIT DOES. Someone once said this, and they said: if spanish taught the gospel, or any language for that matter, than we wouldn´t have to send americans on missions to areas with a different language. I have truly learned this because I DO NOT speak perfect spanish, not even close, but I can feel the spirit testify, and with the little words I do know, I can help my investigators to feel that same spirit and the spirit does the work. I am only a hand in the work of the Lord. 

-Also, I know now what they mean when people say that the first goodbye is only the beginning of goodbyes, or that the first goodbye to come here isn't the hardest. I experienced that this week when my compañera Hermana Higginson finished her mission and went home. Wow they do not tell you that you heart is going to break over and over when you have changes and lose your companion or have to leave your area where you have met such amazing people. They don't tell you that when you leave on a mission. And I know this is only the beginning, but all is well. I have learned so much from her and now she gets to start her new mission in life!

Spiritual:

This week we focused a lot on Daniela because we needed to teach her all the lessons in order to be baptized this past Saturday! Wow, what a spiritually filled week! Seriously, this girl is such an example and inspiration to me! Her faith is incredible and her desire is so strong. She was baptized this last saturday. It was so beautiful and the best part was her testimony at the end. She had us all tearing up as she began to tear up as she told us her experience of how she came to know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and how she knew she wanted to be baptized. THIS. THIS is my favorite part of this work. The opportunity to see the light glow in someones eyes when they truly become converted and know that what we are teaching is true. To see someone become truly converted to the gospel is the most amazing experience ever. It has strengthened my testimony so much this week. Wow. I love this work!

Something to think about:
 I made a bookmark in my scriptures and on it I wrote the words,
 WHERE ART THOU? - at first I meant it as a neat quote because it is in the sciptures a lot and it would be used to (find where I was)... but each time I read it it provokes a deeper question.. Where are thou? - where are you in your life? Are you on the path your Heavenly Father would want you to be on in order to become the person that he sees your potential to be? Are you truly happy? Do you feel true joy in your life? This could be your Father in Heaven asking you, Where are thou my child? I want to hear from you, the good, the bad, the ugly. I AM YOUR FATHER. He is our FATHER and he wants to hear from his children and help you feel the peace, joy and love of his spirit.

So think about that this week, WHERE ART THOU? Are you where you want to be? Are you continually progressing and becoming better? Maybe you feel stuck? Stuck in the motions of the world? How ever you feel, you always have Him ready to hear you and help you along the way. Where are you in this journey of life? There is never a busy signal when you talk to your Father in Heaven. He is ALWAYS there, ready to listen, ready to help, and ready if necessary, to carry you through your struggles or hold you in his arms. 

If you don't already, read the ENSIGN/Liahona! It contains the words of the profetas and they are the words of God. This is one of my favorite things to do in my studies! The stories are real and so good, and help us in our lives today!

I love you all and hope you have a miraculous week! You are in my prayers always! Heavenly Father loves you, and I do too!

Scripture of the week: Read Alma 34:16-32
(Clamad a él) cry unto him. This is the time to prepare to meet God.

Love,

Hermana Roe



No comments:

Post a Comment