Tuesday, May 28, 2019

From mountains to the coast!

Hola all!                                                                             May 13, 2019


Yeah so lots has happened this week! We had changes and I left Huaraz! I am now in Salaverry, Trujillo.. it is like the exact opposite of Huaraz! I am now on the Pacific Coast, and I have the view of the beach right out my front WINDOW! I have windows in my apartment now! Wooo Hooo finallly!!! I honestly LOVE it here. Below I changed my Spanish to English through Google translate again so that is why it might not make perfect sense. 


We had many very nice experiences this week. A very special one was when we met Cinthia and María. We were walking to find Cinthia's house and on the way she opened a door and we started contacting her (because we did not meet Cinthia before) and she was Cinthia. She was in her mom's house before. Then, she allowed us to come in and share a message. We asked if there were other people who wanted to hear the message and she invited her mother. In this lesson we really listened and followed the spirit. They are having some difficulties in their family right now and told us about these challenges. We taught them about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and His love that he has for each one of us. That He knows us perfectly and can help us if we allow him. We ended with the power of prayer and our connection with our Heavenly Father and how He can help us face any difficulties we have in this life. The Spirit was very strong and the lesson was very powerful. After the lesson we asked them how they felt. Maria spoke to us and said that before we came she was feeling very bad, but when we came she felt an inexplicable peace. She felt that something came and took away everything she had been carrying. She felt a great relief. They committed to coming to church this Sunday and they came. It was so nice to see them there in the chapel. I know there are many people ready to receive the gospel in their lives here in Salaverry and with the help of the Lord, we are going to find them


Sister Chacón really is the best! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to have her as my partner. We are giving this our everything and I feel so much joy and enthusiasm to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment