Sunday, June 30, 2019

Companions are the best!

Hola world!!


This week was beautiful! We had some great experiences because we have found that as a companionship we are very connected and united. We had an appointment in which my mind was blank and for some reason  I did not feel like talking. When I spoke I felt that I was just talking to fill in the silence and I did not feel of the spirit. So, in this meeting we talked about faith and my companion said that she had a video of faith that she wanted to share. She looked for it and ended up choosing one. The video that she chose was a video that has always touched my heart and I really love it. After the video, I felt the spirit so strong and I could testify. After the lesson, I apologized to my companion Sister Chacón because I felt that I did not do very well and I told her how I felt in the lesson before the video and that this video was one of my favorites and it helped me a lot! Then, she replied and said she had never seen that video. She only felt that we had to share that video of  faith and followed the spirit to choose the right thing. I was surprised! I know that the Lord knew that I needed that video in that moment with that lesson to reactivate the spirit in me and He used my partner to help me!! I testify that when a companionship is united it can work miracles. That our companions can support one another in each necessary moment even without knowing exactly the need of the other partner because they follow the spirit and the spirit guides them. I know that we can only work in the Lord's work if we are worthy of the spirit.  When we have the spirit we will be able to reach the hearts of the children of God. I love this work and the gospel with all my heart!! ❤❤❤

We also went to the beach as a zone today and it was awesome!!
Also a shout out to the Baeten family in Wisconsin! (Ian, emma, etc..) Elder Harris is my district leader and he said he knows you from the Nauvoo pageant! He says hi! He is the one all the way on the left in the pic. with the football. 
This week I read a lot about virtue and love something that I read. It said that your mind is like a stage in a theater. In the theater of your mind, however, only one actor can be on stage at a time. If the stage is left bare, thoughts of darkness and sin often enter the stage to tempt. But these thoughts have no power if the stage of your mind is occupied by wholesome thoughts, such as a memorized hymn or verse of scripture that you can call upon in a moment of temptation. By controlling the stage of your mind, you can successfully resist persistent urges to yield to temptation and indulge in sin. You can become pure and virtuous. 
I love that analogy that they use because it is so true, when we have good thoughts in our mind or (stage) there won't be enough room for Satan to creep in. Everything starts with our thoughts. Love you all!!




No comments:

Post a Comment