Sunday, April 28, 2019

The hand of the Lord


Hola!                                                April 1st, 2019

I am sorry, I am alive... I will write you all next week, so much has happened and there are so many miracles here in the work! love you all!

I translated this from Alyssa's Spanish to English so hopefully you can all understand :) 

This week we had an unforgettable experience with Sister Damne. She is blind in one of her eyes and had to travel to Lima again to get another opinion before having surgery. Before she traveled, we had an appointment with her and we brought the elders so that they could give her a blessing. After the blessing, we planned to teach her about service and the blessings we receive. After the blessing she told us some questions she had about her reading and also how her experience in the church went when she went to Lima this past week. She told us that the sister she saw told a story of when she received a blessing and improved and also about an accident that happened with her daughter that she knows it was thanks to God that nothing happened. The spirit was so strong when Sister Tello was talking. When she started talking I felt so strong that she had to invite her to baptism, and I started praying for her. (In our fellowship we prayed for sister Damne to know what we needed to do to help her accept a date.) We felt that we had to give her two dates that she could pray and decide.) Then, Sister Tello told her that and gave her two dates on April 13 or 20. With tears in her eyes she ACCEPTED! And she said YES, sisters I'm going to be baptized, I'm going to be baptized! There are no words to describe that moment. We were all crying and the spirit was so strong. She said that she will go to her appointment and depending on the results, she will decide her date. I can not explain the immense joy I felt at that moment and that I feel until now. I know that the Lord creates ways for all of his children and that she had to have this problem with her eye in order to receive a blessing and through this experience she received her response which is her time to be baptized. I am so grateful for the hand of the Lord in this wonderful work.

No comments:

Post a Comment