Wednesday, May 23, 2018

1 month at the Peru CCM (MTC)



Holaaaa!

A lot has happened this week!! But I don´t have a lot of time.. so here are some main points!

- On Thursday, I experienced my first earthquake!! It happened at 6am and my entire bed was sHaKiNg! Also, we had a smaller one yesterday around 8am during class.. (so here in Peru, they have small earthquakes here and there to counteract big ones, so I guess that´s a good thing! haha)

- Yesterday we had a lesson with Marcelo Lopez. We decided to talk about agency and our role in choosing to follow the commandments! It went soooo well! He is working on the Word of Wisdom with coffee drinking and has goals set...super proud!! haha anyway, so after the lessons that day our Teacher (Hermano Meza) (the one who plays Marcelo) took us into the hall and told us that we did very good and that we are going to be great missionaries in the field! Yaay!!

- Sunday! So we have to write a talk in Spanish every week and then they pick out the people who are going to speak the day during sacrament! So I was picked this week and I am so glad because I worked really hard on it! It was on Faith in Jesucristo y su Expiacion (Atonement)! I shared an exerpt that I love from the book Believing Christ, and it was awesome! Afterwards a lady visiting came up to me and told me that my Spanish is really good and she was really impressed and told me to keep going! She said she has been a language professor for spanish for years!! That definitely boosted my self esteem! haha

- We taught our other investigator one night and met her boyfriend who she lives with.. it was a train wreck for everyone hahahahaha but soooo funny to laugh at after! I had said the quote that is my email name... and then said that we are here to become women instead of our best person... mujer mejor (they are alike hahaha) then another hermana said that Jose smith was a young man, he was 40 years old hahaha!! Oh it was great! I'm just glad it happened at the CCM and not out in the field! Two more weeks here!! Love you all! Thank you for your support!! Have a great week!!

Love, 
Hermana Roe



 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! Glad to see you are doing great!! Love you so much and so proud!!

    ReplyDelete