Wednesday, May 9, 2018

2nd Week in Peru CCM (MTC)


Hola!

Another week in Peru at the CCM!
It is so beautiful here!
The language is coming! The gift of tongues is real!
Wow, I have had so many spiritual experiences this week!
On Sunday we had an AWESOME devotional by David A. Bednar! He answered the question, How do I know if it's the Holy Ghost or not?
Answer: QUIT WORRYING ABOUT IT! - If you are being good, and you press forward in faith, your steps wil be guided and if you do so, whatever you choose to do will be good. So be good!! 

My district did an English fast this week and it really helped!! Only spanish and no english! We plan on doing a couple this week as well to get our spanish and the gift of tongues rolling!

I have officially memorized: 
the first vision
the mission objective
Moroni 10 4-5
Invitation to be baptized
& Santiago (James) 1:5
IN SPANISH!! -----literally such an accomplishment!!

My dad would be proud to hear, as he loves goals... that I have several goals set for language and shtufff! haha WORKINHARDD

So, yeah, missions are really hard. I have prayed more than ever in my entire life. But I know this gospel is true and I know that I was sent here for a reason!
Last night during Book of Mormon study we were studying Alma 18 --- it's the story of Ammon and King Lamoni's conversion.. my teacher told us to write down a personal question and I had been having a difficuolt time, so I wrote down, "am I doing the right thing being here?" I will tell you right now. I AM. I received an overwhelming feeling of the spirit and an answer to my prayer as soon as we started reading. Especially verses 34-35. I was called to be here for a reason and I need to press forward in faith and I know that I will be able to do all things the Lord needs me to do with His help and guidance!

Sorry this is short, but I want to see if I can get some pics that actually work this time!

Te amo!

Hermana Roe

scripture of the week: Alma 27:26








2 comments:

  1. Sounds like she is digging in and learning a lot! Love the pics, her and her companion are so cute! So, so proud of her! I have this blog on a permanent tab on my computer...I don't want to miss anything! Love her to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! She loves you so much too and wouldn't want you to miss a thing. I will keep posting what she sends! Today is my favorite day!!!

      Delete