Tuesday, May 15, 2018

3rd week at the CCM!

Hola!
I am officially an Avansado! That means I only have 3 more weeks here at the CCM and that today, my district is the only group here! Early this morning all of the latinos and the other avonsados left for the mission field! It's super sad because I made so many friends with all of them!! But they are all going to be great missionaries! Now, it's just been really quiet all day and we will be getting the new principiantes tonight! There are 26 americans coming! That's a pretty big group compared to what we've been used to! I am just glad I came when I did because I heard that in the summer the numbers get up to 90! That's insane! So, now my district has to be the example to everyone who comes!! It's crazy because when we first got here, we looked at our Avansados like they were kings and queens haha and here I am! 

Cool experiences with the Holy Ghost:
On Thursday, mi CompaƱera and I planned a lesson with one of our investigators, Marcelo Lopez (my teacher acting), La Expiacion (the atonement)... So, here is the thing about planning lessons. You put in all of your effort to plan a lesson and show the Lord that you are prepared, and then you have to have fe (faith) and walking into the casita allowing the holy ghost to teach and touch the investigator. So we walked into the casita, and then Marcelo got talking to us and we ended up teaching about Jose(Joseph) Smith, a TOTALLY different lesson! haha But, because we were prepared, the spirit helped us to find what we needed to teach him about Jose(Joseph) Smith! 
On Saturday, we had another lesson with Marcelo, we planned on starting our lesson talking about fe (faith) and then lead into the atonement... again, the spirit had other ideas. This time, we started talking about faith and Marcelo was really attentive, we asked lots of questions and he was really receptive with talking to us, then he popped the question asking about baptism! So, we talked to him and he ended up commiting to think about baptism, and get back to us on his next lesson! (also to go to church, and read his scriptures cada dia!)

Fun with Latinos:
 On Friday we had a pancito contest between our hermanas in our district and the hermanas in a latino district.....we won with 80 between us!! (pancitos are little rolls)... yeah....never again.. haha

Yesterday I made a bet with one the latino Elders, Elder Montez  that if he could recite the first vision to me by dinner, then I would give him my ice cream and if I recited Mosiah 10:4-5 in spanish, he would give me his! It was fun, and we both won! It's so fun because we are all learning and get to help teach eachother!

Have a great week everyone!!

Scripture of the week: D&C 






121:45 #lovethepeople

~ Hermana Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment