Wednesday, May 2, 2018

1st week in Lima Peru!


Hola familia y amigos!
I am alive and well in Lima, Peru at the CCM! aka mtc

The plane: was HUGE! 2 seats on each side and 3 in the middle with about 46 rows... about 322 people!!! We arrived in Lima about 1am and a bus took us to the CCM. (8hermanas y 3elderes) The city is ALIVE at night! Traffic was insane, and people were walking/biking like it was the afternoon! Haha I am so glad I don't have to drive because they drive crazy down here.. lots of honking and swerving, no use of blinkers, either no lines or lines everywere, and crazy intersections! I wouldn't even know what to do!

The CCM is really small, but I like it because it reminds me of home! I think culture and language change is enough! Mi Compañera is Hermana Jones! She is awesome! She is from Arizona and her first name is McKinlie! (Kin that"s for you!)

Miercoles
The first day at the CCM was really long and literally felt like a WEEK! But it was really good!
Jueves
Mucho mucho Español! Español es muy dificile! Lots of stress, but I have the Lord on my side!
Viernes
The day went by really fast! I learned how to pray in spanish and lots more spanish haha. My compañera and I taught our first mini lesson to our "investigator" Sandra Rojas! She is progressing pretty well and we are getting better every day! They start us right off the bat! lol
Sabado
Today I really felt the Don de Lenguas (gift of tongues) working.. I experienced a lot of lightbulb moments on understanding the language! It was really good because I have really been struggling... there is hope! Also, it's kind of great because a lot of the latino Elders will come up to us and ask how to say things in English. It's really funny, and it really opened up my eyes to see that we can all learn and help one another with our different idiomas. (languages!)
Domingo
I love Sundays! The spirit was sooooo strong all day! Also, Sundays are our ingles days! So we get a break from spanish and really get to get a spiritual reboost!!#pumped We got to watch a devotional from Elder Holland! He is so great! I love when he is forceful and raises his voice because it is like he is pushing gusts of the spirit at you! 
Lunes
Today was a hard day, I won't lie. But my compañera is so amazing and she really was my tender mercy!
Martes
My favorite part of today was that we had a devotional from Elder Christofferson on the spirit and personal revelation, but the best part was after when we talked about it together as a district! I love my district! We are literally like family and it is so great! 
Miercoles
Today we went to the temple! It was the smallest temple I have been to! Smaller than Chicago, but it was really great!

The weather here is so nice! Yes, it is humid, but not as bad as I thought and btw.. I literally only saw like 3 mosquitos all week... The food is FANTASTIC! Yes most of the meals consist of potatoes, meat, and rice, but there is so much variety and creativity too! haha Although it is great, my body is still adjusting to the difference! It is sooo beautiful here!! I absolutely LOVE it!

Thank you for all of your prayers! I really need them! 

In my personal study this week I studied Enos and it really helped me get through the week! Enos 1:12! Whatever you will ask in faith, believing that ye shall reveive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it! I reallllly needed this for don de lenguas!!

Mom - on Mother's Day (sunday the 13th) I get to call you for 30 mins at 5:35pm! BE NEXT TO THE PHONE AND READY!!!

Te Amo,
Hermana Roe

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! I really want to see South America and I want to learn Spanish. I'm so envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I hope that Jason and I can save up money to fly out there and pick her up at the end of her mission.....it will be a long shot LOL

      Delete
  2. I hope you've received my 2 emails, Alyssa! :):):) I love you tons my sweet niece! :):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beck she doesn't see this blog I actually put her emails on it. Don't feel bad if she doesn't respond to your emails, she didn't respond to any of our personal emails except for Kenzie's to congratulate her on prom queen but told Kenz to tell us all sorry cause she is so busy and didn't have time but to keep writing cause she loves receiving them!!

      Delete
    2. Oh no worries even remotely Laura, and I told her previously on the phone that I understand how extremely busy it is as a missionary and if I don't ever hear back it's completely fine in every way etc :):):):):):) I have heard back briefly, but yea, no expectations:):):):):). I'm just so proud and happy for her etc! :):):):):)

      Delete
  3. AWEEE!!!! I'm so happy you're enjoying yourself and learning so much my beautiful niece!!! Can't wait to hear more about your experiences there. I love you soooo much!!!

    Laura; What's her email?? <3 <3 ((((BIG HUG)))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish she won't respond to this blog because I am the one updating it for her weekly :-) Her email address and physical address are on the right side of the blog but you have to view it in web version to see it, not from your phone

      Delete