Wednesday, May 30, 2018

One more week at the CCM(MTC)!!!


PROCELYTISMO!!

Hola Todos!
One more week and I am out in the field!! Totally crazy to think about! I feel like I just got here!! This week has been fillled with blessings and excitement! We got to go out into the world outstide of the CCM walls last Saturday to go procelyting with senior companions in the area! It was such an awesome and humbling experience! The people here are so kind and humble! I got to go in a trio with my CCM comp. and a senior comp. latina! We went to an appointment, but it fell through because he wasn't home. So instead we continued procelyting down the street and "knocked" on a neighbor's place, I say knocked because the "houses" are mostly gated and all locked from the outside so we were just yelling hola haha but there was a man talking on the phone so we waited for him to finish and then he came and talked to us. (little back story,, families literally alll live together in one house... so one of the family members in this household was a recent convert and so we were visiting to just say hi to him, but he wasn't there so we ended up talking to this other guy) We invited him to church and gave him a pass along card, and then asked if he wanted to here a message, he said yeah he did. So we went "in his house" and he got his 2 hijos and we sat on some stools to share our message. He has had a lot of problems lately with the mother of his kids and them separating, so he was really humble and open to our message! We were able to share some scriptures with him and talk to him about the book of mormon and plan of salvation. By the end of the meeting, he agreed to be baptized and has a date set for 23 de Junio!! God really does prepare people! Hopefully the latina companion will send me a pic when it happens! #firstbaptism lol This work is so great! and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PEOPLE HERE! They are so happy and kind, and most of them have nothing but a make shift garage that they are liviing in! 

Also I taught my district class Sunday on Obedience and it went so well! 

Try to be thankful this week! Start a habit of writing down gratitudes of the day! It is proven that when you are grateful you are happier!

Next time I write I willl be out in the field! love you all!!

~Hermana Roe

Sorry no pictures this week because I couldn't get the computer to upload them 

No comments:

Post a Comment